Dancing queen...

Last weekend seems like a distant memory now.  Two days of floating around in floaty 'girl clothes' being ladylike and charming to all and sundry (including an over amorous Elvis).  This coming weekend couldn't be further from this...

You see, I've been invited to Jolly Sock Man's parents' house for a mini festival on Saturday.  Daughters one and two have frequented this the last three years or so, and from what little information I have been able to glean, it could be quite a boozy affair.  The reason that they haven't been able to divulge much is that the pair of them launched themselves into it so fully, that neither of them can remember a thing, other than 'the food was great' and 'there was just so much drink'.  Explains everything I suppose.

But I have asked Jolly Sock Man's parents all the right questions, so I now am in possession of the following information.

It starts at 1.00.  Mmm...day time drinking which means I'll be asleep under the coats by 4.00pm.

There are several live bands, some of which are tribute bands which should be fantastic.

There's food and rather a lot of drink on offer (see day time drinking)

There's an element of fancy dress involved.  One of the tribute bands is an Abba one and the powers that be have decided that full Abba costume is de rigeur for the day.  I'll be honest with you, I've been so busy the last couple of weeks that my beauty regime has been sidelined, and I did consider coming as Benny rather than one of the ladies.  But common sense (and my epilator) prevailed, and my costume is hanging up in the kitchen blinding anyone who chooses to glance at it while the sun is shining though the window.  It's a silver two piece combo with the biggest flares I have ever seen.  I hope it's not too windy on Saturday though.  One stiff breeze and those trouser legs will whip into a frenzy and I'll look like some festive microlight.  

Sadly, the husband is away this weekend, so best friend Mrs S is coming with me.

Is it wrong to be frightened of a festival?

Perhaps...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...