Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Doo...

What is the correct etiquette where a mobile phone call is concerned?  This morning, I was desperately trying to get hold of my sister, Miss R.  (Very important phone call to find out what she's wearing to Henley Regatta tomorrow).

So she answered the phone, we spoke for about three and a half seconds before she said in a frustrated voice, 'No.  You've gone all fuzzy'.  Cutting the call, I then pressed redial to call her back.  In my mind, I had made the original contact, so it was my responsibility to try again.

It was engaged.  Three times.

So while I was under the impression that the person who made the call should be the one who keeps trying to connect, it would appear that Miss R operated under a completely different agenda, ie that I made the first call, so now it's her turn to call me.  To be honest with you, taking this and the fact that I seem to live somewhere with the mobile network of Mars, I am surprised that we ever manage to talk.

And to top all that, I even forgot to ask her what she was wearing.  Miss R, if you're reading this, it will be the dress I wore a couple of years ago as per my Facebook memories this morning.  Just a different hat.

Now you all seemed as excited as I was about the shoes I ordered on Tuesday.  Well ladies, I am sorry to say that the photograph I based my purchase on bore no resemblance whatsoever to what arrived in a well wrapped shoe box yesterday.  For a start, the hot pink and turquoise of the picture turned out to be coral and green in the flesh, which wouldn't have gone with anything on the day (unless I'm in the sun too long and have drunk too much, in which case, they'd be perfect).  But because I liked the style, and the eternal cockeyed optimist in me imagined that somewhere there would be a pink and turquoise pair with my name on, I attempted to try them on.  It was at this point that I realised what one of the ugly step sisters might have felt like with Cinderella's glass slipper.  My size seven trotters weren't going anywhere near the inside of the shoe.  It was that narrow that I expect their customer base is rather limited.  

So they have been returned to the shop, and the search continues for the perfect pair of shoes. As I write, I am trying to talk myself out of a pink glittery pair which scream unicorns and fairies.

And perhaps a touch of Cinderella...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...