Mambo Italiano...

Is it the weekend yet?

Of course it isn't.  Life couldn't possibly be that kind. Wouldn't it be great if Life, having seen that you were having a pretty rotten Wednesday, could just fast forward to Friday afternoon.  Of course, this could also work the other way, with Life pressing the pause button while you're having a damn fine weekend.

But it's not to be, and the only thing keeping me going this week is the fact that I am away in Italy next week with Mrs S and some other lovely ladies.  We're off to see Pompeii which I am really excited about, and the husband insists on thinking it's hilarious that this old relic is paying to go and see another old relic.

Talking of the husband, I was given strict instructions last night as to the food shopping for next week.

'Don't bother filling the fridge with food before you go', said he.  'If I want anything, I'll go and get it myself'.  By this, he means getting the local curry house menu from the man drawer, looking at it for ten minutes, and then ordering the same thing he has ordered for the past ten years.

But I know why he has said this.  With no food in there to start with, he is negating the chance of a right telling off from me for not eating the food which I had thoughtfully put in the fridge.  Clearly, a rumbling tummy is preferable to a rollicking from the Bird!

So the suitcase is ready, and small piles of holiday attire are appearing here and there.  It's going to be a very restful week, except for the one day booked for Pompeii where I shall spend most of the day sweating and complaining about my feet.  There are six of us going, and I have a horrible feeling that by the end of the guided tour, we will be at least two down.  More than likely one of those missing will be me, tempted away by a glass of Aperol Spritz and a comfy seat.  Perhaps matching fluorescent t-shirts might be the order of the day.  

Actually, this isn't a bad idea - if I was careful as to which colour t-shirt I wore, I could successfully hide my bottle of Aperol as I walked round.  

Might take my mind of my feet...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...