Here comes the sun...

Did you hear the celebrations around 1.00 today?  The brass band?  The party poppers?  The fishwife-like 'whoops' of joy?  

No?  Well it was all going on in my head as I drove out of the Binland car park today.  A whole nine days off, five of which will be spent under a sun so hot that it might just melt my cheap flip-flops.

It's been a while coming, this week off, and I am really looking forward to spending time with my amazing best friend, Mrs S and her lovely family.  Now as you know, I normally go away with my own family, seeking safety in numbers with the lunatics who are Miss R, The Mother and Mrs Jangles, so going away with someone else's family is going to be a tad different.  

I might have to behave myself for a start.  There will be no getting up on stage and belting out Da Do Ron Ron to an unsuspecting audience whilst flapping about an inflatable crocodile (this always manages to hang around long after we've verbally destroyed Elton John's Crocodile Rock).  There will also be none of the famous breakfast quotes..

'Of course it's acceptable to have Cava with my breakfast.  It's almost the law in Spain'.  
'Who wants a Hardiman?' This is reference to the infamous Spanish teabags which always render us useless over our sausages.

No.  This holiday will be a lot more sedate.  For a start we are in a villa, so there will be no chance of upsetting anyone around the pool when we play 'Name that Tune'.  This is a great game involving someone wearing headphones and singing a song from their music collection.  The rest of the family have to guess what the hell they are singing and it can get particularly loud after a few jugs of sangria.  I have fond memories of the Father asking me how to say 'Well, we won the war', after a particularly prickly  altercation with a German chap in Lanzarote.  My German language runs to sauerkraut and Berlin, so I wasn't much use to him I'm afraid.

I am just looking forward to nanna naps by the pool, simple food, complicated cocktails, sunshine and the company of four people who I have loved for many, many years.

As I write, I'm contemplating whether to take my laptop to keep you updated.  However, if you hear nothing from me, it will mean one of two things.  

Either I decided to have a complete rest from the 21st century and left the damn thing at home, or I am MPH...

Missing, Presumed Happy...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...