Three...

We have a house guest for a few days.

Lord Sidney has joined us for several days' R and R while his mum and dad go away for a few days. Now before you start thinking that I have opened up some boarding house for the fallen peers of this glorious isle, Lord Sidney is a most dignified Westie, complete with tartan collar and matching bed.  He's stayed with us before, so my dogs are more than happy to have him stay, as are the husband and I who adore him.  

The husband is always very happy to have Lord Sidney here, as it makes me realise that a third woofer would be too much on a full time basis.  I don't know how people cope with more than two dogs.  While one is pooping, another is sniffing while the third might be attempting a liaison with the poodle down the road.  So having Lord Sidney reminds me of my canine limitation.  Two hands is perfect for two leads.  Between visits, the husband has to remind me many times how tricky three dogs are, but it never stops me from having Lord Sidney to stay - he's an absolute darling.

It's been a busy old week at Binland, and I was very happy to welcome the weekend around 1.00 yesterday.  Especially as son number two is back from The North, having completed year two of his law degree.  Unlike the other three, he never brings his washing home, choosing instead to bring an empty car petrol tank and a hunger which can't be satisfied, however much food I supply him with.  In the last twenty one hours, he has managed one and a half curries (touch of food hoovering went on after he finished his own curry), a full English breakfast and he now eagerly awaits one of the husband's legendary barbecues.  

The husband just got all the meat and fish out on the kitchen worktop.

'Half for tonight, and the rest for tomorrow?' he asked me.

Reminding him that son number two was at home, he gave a resigned sigh.  'We'll find something else for tomorrow night'.

We have the equivalent of half a sheep currently residing on the barbecue.

Eat tonight, for tomorrow we starve...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...