I can hear the grass grow,,,

This bloody weather.  How is that on Saturday morning I was in my deckchair, and this morning in my bobble hat?  The dogs gave me That Look when I hauled them outside for their pre-Binland perambulation this morning.  The heavens were not just open, someone was flapping the doors at high speed to ensure a stiff wind to reach all those bits which vertical rain can't usually get to.  So I left home with two Schnauzers, and came home with two toilet brushes.  They weren't best pleased..

But weather schmeather, the husband and I are off in the Wobble Box this weekend again.  You'll remember that the last attempt to get away was brought to a shuddering halt by the husband and his waterworks (very apt as he a plumber by trade), so I have been very careful with him over the last couple of weeks.

No late nights out for him, no beer, lots of healthy food and I've also been very cautious about the amount of jobs I ask him to do so as not to overtax him.

Now as we all know ladies, there are certain jobs which fall into the Blue Job category.  These can be anything from DIY to lawn mowing, so I obviously can't take any of those jobs off him.  Actually, he'd never let me within a foot of his mower, such is his assumption that I can't recognise a straight line when I see one.

So I've been pretty generous I reckon, doing all of the dishwasher filling and emptying, keeping him in clean and ironed clothes all week, feeding him and making sure that are tasty tidbits in the fridge.

Oh hang on.  That's just a normal week for me.  Perhaps I should have had a go with the lawnmower after all.

I mean, how hard can it be...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...