Rat race...

Oh life....

Will you just bugger off and leave me with a mere five minutes to sit quietly with a cup of tea while the rest of the world passes me by at a rate of knots.

You know that NASCAR racing that they do in America?  Racing round in circles, foot on the throttle, eyes front until some numpty flaps the old chequered flag?  Well today, my lovely friends, that has been me.

Binland, surprise audit, dog walking, oven cleaning, Pilates, chilli nachos, Colin Caterpillar, candles, Waitrose, etc etc etc.  Add in the husband's birthday tomorrow (this explains the Colin) and I have met myself coming back on at least three occasions this afternoon.  Actually, one of these times was in Pilates and completely intentional, so I can't really count that one, but all in all, it's been a very stressful few hours since I crawled out from underneath the old 12 tog.

Why is life like this sometimes?  I know that I'm partially to blame.  As the old song goes, 'I'm just a girl who can't say no', but unfortunately, there are always things that you have no choice as to whether you do them or not.  Things like buying your husband a birthday present.  Every year, I stumble across the same problem with the husband.  He has everything he wants (he has me) and has a stock answer of 'world peace' when asked for ideas for birthday gifts.  

Much as I concur with this wish, a shirt would be a lot easier...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...