Stop right now...

As you probably know by now, I have been traipsing to and from the doctors looking for something which will bring my horrible migraines under control.  After the last prescription (where my eyesight went all Pete Tong) I decided that rather than running the risk of turning into a human maraca, it might be better to look at alternatives to tablets.

Now we have all heard about food intolerance haven't we?  I would say that my diet is fairly decent, with loads of fruit and veg and the odd falling off the wagon with an occasional piece of cake or chocolate.  I'm not a heavy drinker (nothing for three weeks now) and moderation has been the key word for some time.

A friend of mine recommended food testing, having just done it and discovered that she was intolerant to prunes (how will she survive that?)  So I parted with quite a lot of money, and sent off some of my very precious red stuff for testing.

The results came back today, and although there were some items which I wasn't surprised at such as eggs, wheat, yeast and gluten, there were some things that I will never eat again.  These food stuffs were in the 'eat this and you'll die' section, so I have to make every effort to avoid them if I want my body to start feeling a bit healthier. 

They include:

Cashews - the only nut I like having been told since I was a child that 'nuts will make you cough'.
Coconut - I've never assumed that the humble coconut was a nut (if I do that, then you could say the same for a doughnut) but Bounty bars and Pina Colada are now off the menu.
Sunflower seeds - Last time I looked, I wasn't a squirrel, so this shouldn't be an issue.
Millet - as sunflower seeds, but swap squirrel for parrot
Kale - I've never boarded the kale bus which is so popular (too late now).  I used to feed this to my guinea pigs, so I tend to just label it as animal food rather than my food
Beef - Not a hardship, but that cheeseburger after a hangover...oh my...

The good news is that the I am able to drink at least 95% of the grape varieties of wine with little effect.  

Going forward, I would imagine that you'll find me most weekends slumped over a bottle of Chenin Blanc, Malbec, Merlot, Pinot Grigio or Riesling having eaten something which is dairy free, egg free, wheat free, gluten free and yeast free.

I'm not saying that my diet will be bland, but the wine will help for sure...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...