Song for the asking...

It's an early one today ladies as I have 'stuff' planned for the rest of day, so in the words of Elvis, it was 'now or never'. 

The husband got a telling off this morning.  This is unusual to say the last, as the two of us tend to muddle along without a cross word preferring instead to be fairly tolerant of each other's foibles.  I say each other, but let's be honest here.  All wives are perfect in every way, so if anyone has faults, it's the men in our lives.  No one is more amazed than I am that they usually manage to live to ripe old ages without getting battered by a rolling pin, wok or wedged boot...

So back to the husband.

Our mornings have a fairly regular and repetitive routine.  The alarm goes off, I make a cup of tea and come back to bed, by which time the husband is in the bathroom.  He then comes out into the bedroom, opens his wardrobe door and plucks out a work t-shirt, all the time wittering on about the weather/bats/football/life etc.  Getting around 90% through his morning routine, he suddenly said, 'Blimey, my wife's useless.  No t-shirts in the wardrobe'.

This was said with a hint of a smile, but I wasn't going to let him get away with that.

'I know you're joking, but it's still not a kind thing to say', I said, continuing with, 'I mean, I don't go into our bathroom every day and say something about the new shower caddy which has been languishing on the shelf for the past three months, just waiting for you to get your screwdriver out'.

Well dear ladies, he was suitable admonished, and I am hoping that my response to him will mean that the shower caddy will be installed sooner than planned.

Hopefully before I have to swap the shower for one of those walk in baths which you see at the back of the Sunday supplements...

Mind you, what a great idea.  Almost as good as that heated slipper they advertise...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...