Right here, right now...

Let's hear it for the weekend.....

What a week it's been.  Having finally recovered from a 93 hour week (slight exaggeration, but it felt like it), this week has seen me clear the decks of all the things which have been sitting on my own personal back burner for some time.  

This afternoon, I took my car in to have a service.  Most impressively, I was able to book this in online, and between the booking form, the car and the on board computer (there was much to-ing and fro-ing between the car and the laptop to check that I was seeing the correct picture on the dashboard), I finally managed to book in an oil service for this afternoon.

Feeling very competent, I handed the keys over to the technician, and settled down in one of their comfy chairs with a coffee and a magazine while I waited.

Ten minutes later, he was back.  'Finished already?' I asked.  'I haven't even got half way through my coffee yet, and this article is very interesting'.

He looked at me over his glasses.  'What made you think that your car needed a service today?'

Thinking that this must be a trick question, I replied, 'That picture on the computer'.  (Vague enough to let him know that I actually knew my car had a computer, but not so precise that he'd think I knew what I was talking about).

'That picture on your computer tells you that you have another 4,000 miles before your next service is due.  By my calculations, we don't need to see you till May'.

OK, so I was feeling pretty stupid at this point.  'Can't you just do it early?  It seems a shame not to do it now I'm here'.  

'No madam', (this said very slowly with an air of superiority) 'the computer wouldn't like that and it could get very confused'.  

There is no hope for me.

It's official...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...