Don't stop me now...

It doesn't matter how much you prepare yourself, the first day back at work is still pants after a few days away.  

My desk was decorated with a larger than usual CBA pile from Master J and Master P, and it took me till 2.00 today to finally get to a point where I could say that I could see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Admittedly, it was a very long tunnel, with the tiniest pin prick of light, but the end was certainly in sight.

I actually took an extra day off yesterday in the hope that it would lessen the pain of the return to Binland but all this did was show me what my days would be like if I didn't work.  Don't get me wrong, I adore my job and all those I work with, but just sometimes I have one of those 'what if' moments.  The trouble is that I know full well what I would do if I didn't work.  It would involve a bit of gardening, a lot of dog walking, some online surfing searching for dogs doing the funniest things and probably a bit more writing.  

I'm definitely not ready to retire yet, however exciting the thought of wearing purple every day is. Binland is stuck with me for a good few years yet.  My boss, Master W (I have tights older than him) always looks a bit worried when I talk about retiring.  'You'll never leave here', he says, 'they'll have to carry you out in a box'.  In keeping with the years at Binland, I think that I am more likely to be dragged out in a wheelie bin.

I made the most of the sunshine today with a river walk with the woofers.  After lots of training, and encouraging pep talks from the husband ('Stop being a wuss, and let them off the bloody leads'), I have finally reached the point where I am confident enough to let them off to run free.  Today was going really well as we walked in a field next to the river path, until Percy worked out that with a touch of Schnauzer Limbo, he could get under the fence and get onto the path.  

Understandably, I couldn't do the same.

This was very unfortunate, as there were a couple of fishermen reeling something fishy in as Percy started sniffing round their bait boxes.

Have you ever seen a fisherman waving his fishing rod around, standing on one leg whilst trying to shoo away a persistent Schnauzer?

I have...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...