Colour my world...

It's a short blog today.  Having flapped around Binland trying to clear my desk this morning, I then spent the afternoon flapping around Didcot looking for blister plasters and yet another European plug (the joys of having adult children, who like Stealth fighters sneak into our house and nick the bloody things when we're not looking).  

There has been no pre-holiday clothes shopping this year.  Normally, I have at least a few new bits and pieces to take away with me, but thanks to my radical and impulsive New Year's resolution of not buying any new clothes or shoes this year, it's been a case of 'make or mend' this time.  To be honest, there's not really been any making or mending, but it is surprising what a good iron can achieve.  The trouble is that none of my clothing seems to actually go together, so compared with my always beautifully polished family, I shall probably look like a bag lady.

So back to my shopping this afternoon.  As well as the blister plasters (these for my cousin Mrs B who is already out there and having a flip-flop issue) I also needed to get some sun cream. As I said yesterday, it's not going to be equator warm out there, but definitely warm enough to warrant whipping a few layers off.  And we all like a tan, don't we?  

Looking at the limited choice on the shelves, I debated with myself whether to really just go for it with the factor 5 oil (could double up as chip oil after the holiday), or err on the side of caution with a factor 20 (anti-aging, water-resistant, non-greasy) cream.  What I really wanted was something which would allow me to get a lovely colour, without running the risk of looking like a smoky bacon Pringle after the four days. 

Luckily there was a hardware shop next to the supermarket.

Creosote.

Job done...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...