Beach baby...

So the countdown has started for the Spanish mini-break.

Passport....check - however many times I look at my photo, I still look like Myra Hindley

Currency.....check - that was a shock as to how little I got back - I'll be going easier on the Sangria than usual.  Maybe put that first jug off till 10.30am this time.

Suitcase....check - eventually found lurking in the airing cupboard next to a 4' blue fuzzy shark and a shower door (the joys of having an ex-plumber for a husband)

Beach body...check - although currently hiding behind the ghost of Christmas past if my shorts are anything to go by.

Sun cream...check - mind you, according to the weather it will be warmer at home - I'm wondering whether a balaclava is acceptable poolside?)

Summer clothes...check - currently laid out reverently on son number one's bedroom in readiness for packing tomorrow.  Of course it would have helped if Reg hadn't attempted to build a nest in my bikinis and shorts, so some ironing might still be needed.

Hotel booking...check. I think I have mentioned this hotel before.  It is famous in my family for being perfect for the older generation.  I'm not sure that I will ever be old enough for it to be my kind of place, but who doesn't love a meal that's easily masticated...

It's always tricky deciding what clothes to take away for a winter break.  The forward party keep sending us photos of the two of them draped over bars in varying states of undress, but this could be a cunning ploy to encourage us to bring the wrong clothes.  

I'll probably end up packing a complete mini selection of everything I own so that rain, sun or snow, I'll be covered.

Literally...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...