Train, train...

Oh but I've had a jolly morning today.

The Binland training which was booked then cancelled, then re-booked and cancelled finally took place this morning at our Depot in Colnbrook.

The talk was about confidential shredding.   The serious matter of disposing of personal information in a responsible manner (not to be confused with the shredding of a tissue in a coat pocket which can also be done in quite a confidential way).  This was a cross depot training session, so the sales teams from a couple of the other depots were there, along with me Master P, Master J and Mr W (my boss, young enough to be my son).  Naturally, I was the oldest one there by around twenty years, but this never seems to stop the boys from including me in their conversations, and I am often expected to join in and proffer up some small crumb of life wisdom over the course of their chats.

Today it was football.  Now this is not one of my stronger topics (I am a Portsmouth supporter, need I say more?) so I held back on this while they all jabbered on about transfers and leagues. One of the sales chaps then looked over to me, sensing that I wasn't really being included in the conversation.  Steeling myself for some question regarding the serious subject of grown men kicking a bag of wind up and down a field, I waited.

'Did you bring any cake with you then?'

Oh right.  So never mind that I have done great things with the heavy bins of Oxfordshire, the only thing which counted this morning was a propensity to bake cakes every now and again.  A legacy from baking two hundred a week for various shops which has stuck to me like jam.

'I'll post you one', was my reply, mentally making a note to make it the gooiest chocolate cake ever, so as to make the unwrapping a complete joy.

So the training was great, but not as good as the lunch which was laid on for us.

But you know what was even better?

I got freebies....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...