Snowflake...

Well I don't know about you, but what a disappointment that was.  Looking out the window this morning, it was more Tate and Lyle than North Pole, and I resigned myself to a normal day (no day is normal at Binland, but you know what I mean).  It was all a bit Bambi on ice first thing this morning, but I drove into Binland at an average speed of 11mph (no real change there if I'm honest), and apart from a little slide on the last corner, arrived safe and sound.

So back to the white stuff.  I love walking the boys in the snow, as I get to see what they sniff each day.  Rabbit paws, fox claws and other woofer prints all get the once over by the boys, and it's almost like seeing things through their eyes.The most exciting thing happened on our walk today.  I saw a White Red Kite in the field next to my walk.  Apparently these are really rare, so I was really chuffed.  Blooming thing wouldn't sit still long enough for me to take a photo of it, but hopefully he'll be back.  I did a bit of reading up on these this afternoon.  Apparently, these White Red Kites are a bit of an anomaly on the DNA front, and are unable to breed.  Now I'm no scientist, but this might explain their rarity...

I had a lovely meal out with some wonderful friends last night. These included Mrs S (Binland one) and we had some great food accompanied by some stunning friends.  This morning, Mrs S and I were chatting about the restaurant and its very trendy wallpaper in the Powder Room.  Pink flamingos scatter the wall, and it's a wonderful thing to behold.

'I liked the lobster wallpaper in the bar', I said to Mrs S.  She frowned and said that she thought that they were elephants on the wallpaper.

As I said to her, it's probably an easy mistake to make, but part of me was quite glad that she didn't order the Lobster Thermidor last night. 

I could just imagine her shouting after the waitress, 'And you can leave the trunk on'.

I do love Mrs S....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...