Sleepyhead...

The party on Saturday night took quite a toll on the husband.  Having refused me access to the remote control so that I could watch the snooker (I know, don't judge me) the husband dozed on and off all though his programme of choice, a repeat of a repeat of a repeat of Top Gear.  It was then onto Ski Sunday.  He stayed awake long enough to find out where the show was coming from this week, and promptly fell asleep yet again. Finally managing to wrestle the remote control from his vice like grip (this prompted a slurred, 'I'm not asleep'), I switched over to watch Countryfile.  Perfect Sunday viewing when you've had a late night and are looking for some gentle entertainment.

I'll be honest with you, there were a couple of moments on Countryfile when I glanced over to the husband to see whether it was him snorting or the gorillas on the show, but I simply turned the volume up a little to drown him out and watched my programme to the end.

As the credits came on, the husband woke up, 'I think I'm going to have to go to bed.   I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open'.  Now this implied that he'd been awake for at least some of the past two hours, but looking at his tired little face, I decided to hold my tongue and I told him that he should go to bed.  It was ten past seven. 

I managed another two hours of caravan converting and shed building before I finally headed to bed.  By which time he'd managed to un-tuck all the duvet (I hate that).  It looked like he'd been having a fight up there, and with some louder than needed harrumphing, I got out of bed again and tucked my side back in.

The alarm went off at 6.30 this morning.  Returning back to the bedroom with a cup of tea ten minutes later, I asked the husband how he felt after his eleven hour marathon of snoozes.

'Tired actually'.

Nothing...I said nothing.

I wanted to, but there was no way I was going to be able to say anything remotely sensible once I saw which t-shirt he'd put on.  

It said, 'I wasn't ready for the weekend.  Can I start again?'

No truer word spoken...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...