Patience...

What's that they say about patience paying off?  

People who know me always say that I am the most impatient person they know, but there are some things that are definitely worth waiting for.  If you remember (trawling back to the giddiness of Christmas) the husband went down on one knee and presented me with a beautiful eternity ring, celebrating forty years since we snogged at an under 16's disco.  This was bought from my local jeweller, a chap who I've been going to for over twenty five years.  Over the years, I have bought various items from him, had rings reset and repaired and sometimes (a little bit sneakily) gone in to get my diamonds buffed up.  We are now on first name terms, so you'll understand that I didn't want anyone to mess around with my gorgeous eternity ring other than him.  It was a tad small you see and needed stretching out a bit to fit my sausage fingers.  

As of today, I have been waiting for Christmas to end, waiting for the Bank Holidays to be over, and finally, waiting for him to come back from his holiday...twelve whole days I've waited, which by anyone's standards is quite impressive, and I'd started to wonder whether this is why it's called an eternity ring.

But today he came back.  I received a lovely email this morning telling me to pop in and that he'd do what he could to get the ring ready to wear.

Finishing work early today (not that patient it would seem after all) I almost cantered into his shop.  Having chatted for a while about the benefits of gin in cleaning diamonds (he told me that if you drink the gin rather than using it as a cleaning product, you won't notice how grubby your diamonds are, which was good advice I thought), he then measured the ring.  Writing down all the details such as contact number, sizing etc, I asked him, in a very small voice, 'How patient do I have to be now?'

I'll be honest with you, I was expecting to have to wait at least two weeks to get the ring back, but I was ecstatic when he said that I could come back tomorrow and collect it.

Well happy day!  

You see, good things come to those who wait...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...