Makin' plans...

The last twenty four hours has been a very good example of one of The Father's favourite expressions.

'Order, Counter Order, Disorder'.

Appointments have been scuppered, meetings cancelled, meetings rearranged and then cancelled again and as a result of this, I don't know whether I'm on my derriere or my elbow.  

Last night was my Monday Pilates session.  Reluctantly hauling my leggings and warm coat on, I opened the door to leave, only to find myself face to face with my best friend Mrs S who'd popped in for a chat on her way home from work.  'You've got ten minutes', I said, settling myself down in a chair at the kitchen table.  Well we talked and we talked and generally put the world to rights.  'You better go', said Mrs S looking at her watch.  

Glancing up at the kitchen clock, I said to her, 'Not much point going now.  The class started half an hour ago, and by the time I get down there, it'll all be stretching down and whale music'.  Well, she was suitably guilty, but to be honest, having felt the old wind whip through my leggings as I'd opened the front door (had to check I'd actually put them on it was that cold) it was an easy about-turn back into the kitchen with her.  And there's always another class on Wednesday.

And then today,  Binland managed to mess with my head by booking, then cancelling, then re-booking and then re-cancelling some training, which has now been re-re-re-booked for next week.

But thinking about all the disruption and chaos and changing plans, there is always a good side.

Firstly, I managed to have a wonderful hour with my best friend.  With our busy lives, this isn't always possible, so that was an absolute treat.

And then today, I got to have a great walk with the dogs, longer than usual because I wasn't limited by the daylight, I had a good catch-up with another lovely friend Mrs B-T and still had time to sort the Wobble Box out for the next mini adventure before heading off to Binland for the afternoon.

You see, every cloud and all that...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...