Cold night...

You'll be pleased to hear that my outfit for the Rocky Horror Picture Show has now all arrived.  I opened the big box first as I knew it was the gold top hat.  Well, this was an extremely pleasant surprise as firstly, it was fairly good quality, and secondly, it actually fit my rather round head.  Mind you, my hair was rather wild when I tried it on, and once I have the skull cap and the wig, it may be a little too big.  It could end up with the brim level with my eyes, and I'll run the risk of looking like a rather camp Freddy 'Parrot-Face' Davies.

So having been rather delighted with my hat, I set to with the other parcels, all of which were rather small.  First one was the shorts (one size fits all apparently, but I'll be the judge of that).  Well these were very wide as befitting a 'one size fits' all item of clothing.  But what they'd gained in width, they'd lost in length, and I held the shorts up wondering how much of my dignity would actually be covered (this is assuming that I lose the half stone Christmas overhang which seems reluctant to move on).  So I am considering whether to sew up the leg holes, and cut another pair in the left hand seam.  It might give me a little more length in the leg.  I won't be able to eat, drink or breathe out on the night, but it's worth considering.

Next was the boob tube.  I will be sewing some straps to this as there is no way on earth that the little I have on top will stop this heading south at my first attempt at The Time Warp.

The bow tie was...well it was a bow tie, so no remedial work needed there.

Last parcel was the gold tail jacket.  Well it was gold sequinned as the picture portrayed, but was so thin that it was transparent.  It looked more like a bride from Arabian Nights' veil and although it fitted well, it certainly wasn't going to give me the warmth I'd need on a cold February night.

I scooped everything up to take it upstairs, and guess what?  All of the items of clothing fitted inside the hat, and there was even room for one of my slippers which Reg had purloined.  

I'm not too sure how I am going to keep warm that night, but as one of my friends said, 'There's always gin'.

Fair point, well made I felt...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...