Wish list...

Well ladies, it's time to disappear for a few days while I do every thing I possibly can to ensure I resemble Fatty Arbuckle by Thursday...
Today started really well, with two sausage plaits rustled up before the husband even stirred.  As he told me at least twelve times over the weekend, he has today off.  I admit it, I have been a bit 'bah humbug' about this but got my own back this morning with a list.  Now, as we all know, a man with a list is a dangerous thing, even when you do write it in your best handwriting using capital letters to avoid any confusion.  I have fond memories of a very ex-boyfriend bringing home a tube of hemorrhoid cream when all I wanted was an aerosol deodorant....  it's no surprise he's an 'ex'...
My list was fairly comprehensive:
A piece of wood to put on top of the table to accommodate the food for the starving hordes of folk traipsing through my house over the next week
Flowers (schoolgirl error here, as wasn't specific about what type.  I'll probably get a text later asking if its plain or self raising I need)
Coke (no way he could confuse that...one hopes)
And finally, puff pastry. 
It's the pastry which will finish him off.  So much could go wrong, starting with actually finding it, as it's never in the same aisle twice.  And then he will be perturbed about whether to get the block or the rolled sheets.
Either way, I have resigned myself to making my own puff pasty.  Never done it before, so wish me luck.
The hours at Binland dragged by in a whirl of Jaffa Cakes, Quality Streets, and a rather taxing Christmas Quiz which Master M (the Transport Office new boy) had devised.  I am ashamed to say that Masters J and P and I were appalling.  Not even my advanced years could help with questions such as 'Where was ice cream invented?' 
So Christmas is now upon us.  Nothing left to buy, wrap, defrost or order. 
Can I wish all of you the most fabulous Christmas.  Wherever you find yourself eating your Christmas lunch, I hope you will be surrounded my those who love you, as I will. 
And I have to say thank you for all your comments, support and general 'joining in'.  Without you, I'd just be talking to myself, and how boring would that be!   I'm signing off for a few days so that I don't miss a single second of the time with my beautiful family, so hold on tight, and I'll see you all in the New Year...
Perhaps in the queue paying for several pairs of industrial strength drawers and some very forgiving trousers.
Oh, and by the way, it was China.
Who'd have known...

Comments

Unknown said…
So have yourself a very merry Christmas,and go easy on the goodies!

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...