Rapper's delight...

There's nothing I like better than being goosed by a wet-nosed Rottweiler...

Such was my Wednesday afternoon, when I got together with three other middle aged harridans to celebrate Christmas with a cup of tea and our body weight in cupcakes.  The trouble is that Neville (Reg's best friend) knows me well, but I would guess that he'd like to get to know me a little better judging by his behaviour.  He'd been banished to the hall but managed to get back into the bosom of the the family lounge by doing a commando crawl down the hall.  Eventually, when it became apparent that he wasn't going to be deterred he was hauled out by his dog mum (Mrs P), deposited in the hall, and the door was firmly closed.  No one ever said that love was easy, even for a Rottweiler.

Christmas is making itself felt at home, with the 14' Christmas tree up, battery powered candles dotted everywhere and stuffed penguins making an appearance round the fireplace.  I also seem to have developed repetitive strain injury from the bloody wrapping and a tic whenever anyone mentions Sellotape or ribbon curling.  To date, I have probably wrapped more than fifty parcels of various shapes and sizes.  The husband on the other hand has just one to wrap.  This is my present and turned up yesterday already wrapped in a sensible black bag.  I have a feeling that the extent of his wrapping will be finding a gift card big enough to cover our address before he hands it over to me on Christmas morning.

Puddings are done, cakes are being bathed in brandy (I rather like the sound of that) and the turkey is in the freezer.  Basically, I am ready.  Except for one thing...

Tomorrow is Christmas Jumper Day at Binland, and I have nothing to wear.  Having had a light bulb moment last night, I rummaged in daughter number two's wardrobe looking for a jumper of Christmas past.  I found two, but neither of them were suitable for work.  One had a foul mouthed pug on the front, and the other had two strategically placed Christmas puddings on it, so my sequinned starry jumper will just have to do.

Mind you, I have an audit at work tomorrow, and those Christmas puddings might have diverted his attention somewhat.

Just a thought...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...