Posh girls...

I don't know how I manage to get through some days...

It started alright, with a twelve minute diversion to Gregg's on the way to Binland to purchase a dozen of their finest mince pies.  Talk about a disappointment though.  I suppose, in the interest of fairness, I should work my way through at least another five shops' offerings.  After today's excursion to Aldi, (more of this later) theirs will be the next ones I try. Ladies, I shall report back.

As expected, Binland has been very quiet, and Master P and Master J and I spent a very happy coffee break discussing what our favourite Christmas films were.  If I told you that their seasonal favourites were Die Hard and A Muppet Christmas Carol, you'll understand what I am up against each day.  Believe it or not, only one person in the Transport office had heard of The Goodies.  Try explaining their 1970's TV show to  several 20-somethings.  'Well, there was this giant cat, and they had a record called The Funky Gibbon'.... I tailed off at this point as a tumbleweed rolled across the carpet and retreated back to the comparative sanity of the Sales Cupboard (I've decided that the space we inhabit is too small to be called a room). 

Sitting at work with not much to do (keep that quiet will you) I got really frustrated as there were a million things to do at home.  The food shopping for a start.  I have booked Tesco to deliver on Friday, but this afternoon decided that it might be worthwhile to go to Aldi and pick up what I could for half the price.

It was busy (surprise, surprise) but I have a special approach to shopping in Aldi.  Eyes front, don't get distracted by other shoppers or the dreaded middle aisles, and just potter about till my list is ticked.  I did really well, and managed to get over half of the list at Tesco saving me enough to buy a bottle of my favourite gin.  The trouble was that it was Christmas.  There was stuff everywhere, and very soon, my trolley was laden with things which had never made any list I'd ever written.  But there was just one thing I couldn't find.  Seeing a lovely lady stacking panettone, I asked her if she could tell me where to find filo pastry.

'Oh that won't be in till tomorrow love.  That's when all the posh stuff arrives',

Well that put me in my place.  Common as muck with my paper serviettes and cheap Malbec.

I suppose that now is a good time to tell you that for two whole seconds I considered buying a set of electric plate warmers?

Damn you, middle aisle...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...