Pictures of you...

Bloody hell, I hate technology...

When I was younger, if you wanted to put some photographs together, you simply rifled through the albums/cardboard box/suitcase took out the ones you wanted and did what you needed to do.

Today I have spent almost three hours trying to get a bit of film footage off my computer.  Amidst the tearing out of hair and foul language, I managed to download something I didn't need, buy an app and upgrade my storage space...twice.  I now have enough space on my laptop to list the entire population of China with their full addresses, but the piece of film?  No chance.

Back to the drawing board on that present then...

You'll be relieved to hear (but not as relieved as I was) that the audit was cancelled at Binland today.  This gave me free rein with the box of Celebrations in the Transport office which some kind soul had given them.  Sticking my beak in the tin, I noticed that there were a lot of Bounty ones languishing in the bottom.  'Don't any of you like the Bounty ones?' I asked.  The resounding decision was that Bounty (miniature or full size) was the work of the devil and to be avoided at all times.  'Well I love Bounty', I said, grabbing a couple on the way to the printer.  

The first one went down rather nicely as I did my scanning, but it was the second one which was my downfall.  You know those teeny tiny bits of coconut?  Well one shot down my windpipe leaving me gasping for breath.  Once my colleagues had established that I wasn't going to peg it at the printer, there were a lot of 'told you so' comments bandied about.  Mr W rushed to the tin and scooped out every last Bounty.  'Are you worried someone else might choke?' I asked him, thinking that he was a very caring young man.  'Nope, just going to leave all these on your desk'.  Not so caring it would seem, and relatively happy to take the risk that I might be discovered on Monday morning slumped over my desk with a navy blue face, and a crumpled Bounty wrapper clutched in my right hand.

As I finally sat down this afternoon, having thrown the computer out of the window (just joking) the husband called.  After a bit of sweet talk, he said those wonderful words to me, 'Can you take a photo of your printer so that I can get you some ink cartridges?'  I didn't have the heart to tell him that there was a chance that violence would ensue if I went near anything else PC-related (the present is for him, so please keep schtum) but I did as I was asked and sent the photo over.

Anything for that lovely husband of mine...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...