Must be Christmas...

'Bleedin' 'ell Perce.  Do you really 'ave to stop every ten seconds?'  

Such was the look that the newly castrated Reg gave to Percy as he stopped for the fortieth time to leave yet another calling card.  I don't know why he feels the need to do this.  I mean, just how much information can you get in the equivalent of half a teaspoon of liquid.  I am pretty sure that the next dog which passes through will not be taking a whiff, and thinking, 'Mmmm, Percy was here.  The woofter who lives down the road with the other weirdo who's just had his undercarriage tampered with.  I hear he is a wizard with crocheting and his eggnog is sublime'.  

So my walks have changed from romping through the woods after the two boys, to stopping every ten minutes, standing like the Angel of the North for fifteen seconds while Percy leaves yet another billet doux, while Reg, who is further down the path pulls me forward. God help me if I meet someone else on the more narrow paths.  It would be like trying to unravel a cheap jumper...

Christmas is having the usual effect at Binland in that no one want to talk about rubbish with me.  Master P and I were discussing this over coffee this morning, and have decided that we are going to stick on some Christmas tunes tomorrow morning.  As long as Master P is quick on the volume button I think we'll be fine.  I mean, no one wants to be discussing their recycling with the Goodies belting out 'Father Christmas Do Not Touch Me' in the background, do they? 

And then there's the food.  Every morning there is something in the Transport Office which I do my best to avoid.  I usually last till about 9.07, at which point, my hand will go in the Tupperware container or carton, and snaffle whatever is on offer.  This morning is was Baklava, courtesy of Mr B our Depot Manager.  It was just as well the phones were quiet, as one piece rendered me useless for the rest of the day with my teeth glued together with honey and nuts.  Wonder what it will be tomorrow?  Mince pies have yet to make an appearance, and I know that after some serious testing, the Gregg's one is meant to be the one to buy.  Guess where I am going on the way to work tomorrow?

I say 'on the way', but it's a two mile detour to the nearest Gregg's.  

It will be worth it though....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...