Love me tender...

Well, did you all survive?

I have a lot to tell you, so today seemed a good time to talk about some of what happened, before I disappear again for a couple of days for the New Year celebrations.

There has been a lot of secrecy involved for this year's Christmas.  First of all, there were the four cardboard snowmen residing in the Wobble Box.  These had been lovingly made by myself for the four children after I saw a picture of them on Facebook.  I love a bit of glueing and sticking, although four hours in when I had two noses which refused to stick on, there was some far from Snow White swearing going on in my kitchen.  This was remedied with a couple of drawing pins.  But eventually, I managed to complete them, even succeeding in secreting a vacuum cleaner within daughter number one's snowman's body.  Here they are with the kids before they destroyed them.



The husband was disappointed that I hadn't done snow-dogs for Percy and Reg (the husband walks a fine line sometimes) but I'm sure that you won't be surprised to hear that the two dogs got as much enjoyment from decimating the snowmen as the children did.

Some of the children's partners were with us also, and I had a big surprise for all of them.  Many years ago, the husband promised that when son number two reached the age of twenty one, we would all go to Las Vegas to celebrate.  Next year marks forty years since I snogged the husband for the first time at an under eighteens' disco in the Village Hall, so what better way to celebrate that than renewing our vows in Vegas when we're there next year.  Handing out our invites to the kids and their partners, the husband stood up and said, 'before you open these, I have to ask your mum something'.

And then, he went down on one knee, and asked me to be 'his for eternity'.  All of this would have been enough, but his question was accompanied with a stunning diamond and ruby eternity ring.  This was something I definitely wasn't expecting, as the husband considers buying jewelry as one of his biggest phobias (between feathers and heights).

Well I was crying, daughters one and two were crying and sons one and two started discussing with Jolly Sock Man and Arthur Daley as to what the stag do was going to be like.  

So next August, surrounded by our children and their partners, we will renew the vows we made to each other many years ago.  

And yes, Elvis will be in the building...

Comments

DonnaB said…
Congratulations! All the best for 2019 to you all. We'll done to hubby for keeping the surprise.

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...