Leave it alone...

I'm in trouble...

Nothing new about that I hear you say, but I realised today that my ramblings have the capacity to cause trouble in the odd household or two across Oxfordshire.

Which is why we considered locking Mr W in the cleaning product cupboard this morning. A quick note here, we have no stationery cupboard and are therefore considered trustworthy enough where pens and post-it notes are concerned.  Show any of us a can of Pledge though, and we'll make off with it, hence the lockable cleaning product cupboard...

So let me explain.  All week, I have been wittering on about the tempting edible treats and Christmas goodies (should be called 'baddies' really) which have littered the desks of the Transport Office at Binland.  Mr W's good lady, the soon-to-be Mrs W, reads my blog each day, and when Mr W walks through the door each evening after a hard day at work, he is quizzed as to how many mince pies/baklava/cake/biscuits he has consumed in the ten hours since she last set eyes on him.

Today, Mr B, the Depot Manager excelled, bringing in coconut ice, fudge, peppermint creams and Rocky Road...all home made.

I made excuse after excuse to go into the Transport Office, neatly picking up a piece of coconut ice each time without even breaking my stride.  Ferrying my fourth piece into the Sales Cupboard, Master J gave me one of those looks.  You know the ones ladies, the ones which say something along the lines of, '..and you'll be moaning that your trousers don't fit next'.  

'This is my last piece', I promised him...followed by...'it has to be as there's none left'.

So back to Mr W.  When I first saw what edible delectations lay before me, he said to me, 'Don't go writing about this in your blog tonight.  The last thing the soon-to-be Mrs W needs to know if that I've had my chops in a large portion of Rocky Road all day'.

Well we talked about this when he went off to make the coffees, and decided that the easiest way to avoid him having anything obscenely calorific, was to lock him in the cupboard.

We didn't do this of course, but if we had, it would have had a double whammy effect in that there would have been more to go around.

Now where are my trousers with the elasticated waistband...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...