Christmas is all around...

I said to the husband this morning that I felt it was going to be the most perfect pre-Christmas Sunday.  And do you know, for once I was actually right.

We started with a long walk in a very wet wood, timed so the end would coincide with when the pub opened,  We got into the pub two minutes after they opened, got the last table and ordered a couple of drinks.

Now, all round the woods, the husband and I had been salivating over the thought of a bacon sandwich when we got to the pub, feeling that after a five mile walk, this would be well deserved.  The waitress dropped the menu on the table, and with one pair of reading glasses between us, we took a cursory look at the menu.  I mean, we both knew what we were having didn't we?

'Are you ready to order?' 

'Roast lamb please'.

The words were out of my mouth before I even had a chance to think about it.  The husband looked at me in disbelief for about two seconds, before saying, 'Two of those please'.

And boy, it was fantastic, and was rapidly followed by a couple of bowls of cherry and apple crumble with custard. 

Getting back home, I took the woofers up to have a bath as they were currently looking like a couple of mud wrestlers, and then settled down on the sofa to watch a good Christmas film.  But something else caught my eye...

The Meg.  An extremely daft film about a bloomin big shark intent on working its way through a smorgasbord of Chinese folk on lilos.  It had Jason Statham in it.  Need I say more?  I managed to fall asleep at least three times (cider has that effect on me) but of course, the naughty old shark came to a grisly demise eventually, while I wiped tears of laughter from my poor old eyes.

But we all came good in the end, with the husband finally conceding that it was time for the annual airing of Love Actually.

See, told you it was a perfect Sunday...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...