Wish list...

Just one month today and Christmas Day will be upon us.

Having spent most of Friday juggling between various internet pages, by 7.00pm I had managed to find and buy around 75% of the presents on my list.  This is quite an achievement, as I don't think I have ever managed to do this before December has actually started.  Mind you, the ones I've got are all the easy ones, lovingly put down by the kids (with a useful internet link) and sent over via email earlier this week.

I know that this sounds terribly practical and boring, but years of Christmas present purchasing have taught me many lessons, with the most important being that you don't buy anything which might constitute a return or credit note.  

But I do have a concern...

As you know, none of the children are living at home now, and despite some serious calendar negotiations, we haven't been able to pin any of them down on a weekend so that we can put the Christmas tree up together.  Somehow, they have all managed to book something every weekend between now and Boxing Day, so it looks like it's down to me and the husband to put the 19' tree up in the hall.  I've told the husband that he needs to rope some burly friends in as being a middle aged lady I'm not much good at the end of a winch and hoist.

Of course, getting the tree up is the relatively easy bit.  We then have to put 1000 lights on it and spend around four hours hanging all manner of tut on it.  Four hours is how long it takes with all kids on board, so in real terms, when the tree goes up two weeks today, I'll probably still be hanging sodding baubles on it on New Year's Eve.

I'm not brave enough to suggest to the husband that perhaps it's time to start buying a smaller Christmas tree (one you don't need a forklift for) as he looks forward to this from October, ordering the tree up in November to make sure we get one which is just right.

Apparently, size IS everything...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...