We will rock you...

On Tuesday night, I took the Mother to see Bohemian Rhapsody.  As you know, this is the second time I would have seen this in less than ninety six hours which is a little extreme by anyone's standards, but I knew she'd enjoy it so I was willing to make the sacrifice of sitting through it all again.  (Who am I kidding?  I was as excited as she was).

Instead of my usual cinema, we went to her local one in High Wycombe, which turned out to be a complete revelation.  When I booked it on line, there was a choice of standard chair, sofa or recliner, and I pondered which would suit the Mother best.  Obviously a sofa was no good - you need your own chair arms at the cinema, and just having one each wouldn't have worked for me.  So I picked the recliners, thinking that they would be rather special for a Tuesday jolly.

And they were....

There was a bit of a kerfuffle as the Mother and I tried to work out which way to push the buttons to recline the chairs (I did say to her that if we'd pulled instead of pushed, we might have ended up looking like a pair of toasted sandwiches in a trouser press) but eventually, we got the angle of recline just so, and settled back to watch the film.

Unlike Oxford, there was no scrapping or unseemly OAP shouting, but we did have a couple four seats down who insisted on singing rather loudly all the way through, and when it came to the stamp, stamp, clap of 'We Will Rock You', there was no stopping them. 

The Mother really enjoyed the film, and chatted about it all though her glass of wine, her plate of lasagne, the walk to the car and the drive home.  In fact, Miss R told me she was still talking about it yesterday morning.

I wonder if she fancies going again.

Just a thought...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...