Top of the world...

Son number two took Goldilocks to London yesterday.  I realised yesterday that I hadn't really explained why she's been give this name.  It's not that she loves porridge, or even hairy bear faces (mind you, I'd understand if that was the case having seen the state of son number two's face on Sunday - I reckon he has a family of starlings living in his facial furniture). No, I have named her Goldilocks because she has beautiful blonde hair (not that I'm jealous...says she as she plucks out another crop of grey imposters) so the name is fitting.

Goldilocks was very keen to go on the open top bus tour around London.  Son number two was a little reticent (not cool apparently) and I impressed on him how important it was to put your girlfriend first.  Actually, this lesson can be applied to wives and mums too I think.

Now I know my son really well, and I know that he could sell ice to a polar bear. Likewise, if he doesn't want to do something, he's rather good at talking to all concerned, and before you know it, plans are scuppered and he's got his own way - this explains why he chose law as a career I suppose.  Once qualified, he'll basically get paid for having a row.  So armed with this knowledge, I decided to go online yesterday morning before they woke up, and buy a couple of day passes for the whole Hop On, Hop Off experience.  I left them on the worktop, and headed off to Binland.

They hadn't returned by the time I went to bed, and at around 8.00 yesterday evening, I did wonder whether they'd actually remembered to hop off, or were they still going round and round our fabulous capital city, gesturing at various points of interest and wondering why it all looked so familiar.

If there's no sight of them before I leave today I may go and knock on son number two's door and check he actually made it home...

He's been up north too long I reckon...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...