Stuck on you...

In a couple of weeks time, I am off for a few days away in Prague with Miss R and the husband.  Based on historical trips away with these two in the run up to Christmas, there will be a list made of places of interest which will get longer and longer the closer we get to taking off.  However, once there, you are less likely to find us strolling over Charles Bridge, as much of the time will be spent in a bar drinking cheap beer and complaining about the cold.

This was what happened on one of our trips to Poland a couple of years ago.  Stupidly, I thought my expensive waterproof dog walking coat would be more than adequate, but having walked around for three days with my own personal coat hooks (!) I decided that a warmer coat would be needed for the next pre-Christmas trip.  

Well you know what happened?  Over the following eighteen months, I forgot all about needing a warm coat instead relying on thermal vests and a an extra woolly. It wasn't till a few months ago that I remembered I needed to buy one for the pending Prague visit.  Funnily enough, there weren't many high tog quilted jackets for sale in July, so unless I wanted to go with a polar bear onesie (I promise you, I did consider it for all of seven seconds) then I was going to have to wait till the weather turned colder and bikinis made way for balaclavas.

And then I had a light bulb moment.

eBay..

Surely, there must be some numpty selling their thermal coat in the middle of the 2018 heatwave?

And there was.

There was some argy-bargy on the bidding front with a couple of competitive buyers from goodness knows where but eventually, in the dying seconds of the auction, I managed to secure the purchase for the giddy price of £7.48.  Delivery was an additional £8 unbelievably (what was she wrapping the coat in for heavens sake?  Mink?) but even at £15.48, the coat was a bargain.

Or was it?

I have so far, managed to catch the lining in the zip on four occasions, one of which meant having to sit in a cafe for half an hour in my coat insisting that I wasn't hot, (while sweating like a turkey at the end of November).  Another time, I've had to wriggle out of the sleeves and step out of the coat.

So as far as Prague is concerned, this coat will be donned as we get on the plane, and probably removed when we get back into Arrivals at Heathrow.  

I do like value for money...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...