Rainy day...

Bloomin' 'eck, it's parky...

Armed with my warm coat, scarf, bobble hat and gloves, I set out to brave the elephants (not a typo. I always say this) with the woofers yesterday afternoon.  They gave me that look which says something along the lines of 'you have got to be kidding', but undeterred, I dragged them out of the front door into the brisk wind.

It was a really average walk.  I'd brought different leads so had no treats on me, so by the first gate, my name was mud, and the two dogs were looking rather mutinous.  The heavens played its usual trick, opening just as I reached the half way point, and as the rain lashed down Reg did what he always does when faced with the wet stuff, and huddled under a gorse bush.  Unfortunately, this is not an option for a lady of generous proportions and I miserably carried on walking, feeling my legs getting wetter and wetter through my leggings, and hoping that my elastic was robust enough to keep my dignity intact.

Finally capitulating (let's face it, the dogs had downed tools and I was basically walking myself round the wood) we turned for home.  Giving the woofers their long awaited treats, I peeled off my many layers onto the hall carpet.  My hat and coat were sodden, and the combination of wet wool and soggy feathers was not a good one - I smelt like the vets on a bad day...

So I am thinking that perhaps more thought is needed where my Prague coat is concerned.  I mean, if it can't face a small British shower, how's it going to cope with a possible blizzard (I've checked the weather and it looks 'interesting').  

It's back to eBay I think for a last minute, Black Friday bargain.

Ho hum...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...