I drove all night...

Bloomin' 'eck, it's dark.

Torches are out, both for me and dogs.  This is great, because as well as poop bags, two leads, treats and harnesses, I now have something else to carry.  If it gets any worse, I run the risk of looking like that poor donkey in Buckaroo....

Having had a sporadic appearance at my twice weekly Pilates class (let's face it, it's been more like once every two months) I financially committed to two sessions a week on Monday night, in the hope that by Christmas I might have a washboard stomach.  That would be great, but I can't say it'll go too well with my flabby thighs, sagging derriere and flat chest.  Looking on the bright side though, a crop top might be in...coupled with support tights and a push up, padded bra.

Talking of the dark, I helped the Pilates teacher out to her car on Monday evening (she has a lot of props, most of which hurt in some shape or form) and as we walked through the carpark we were talking about how we hated to drive in the dark.

'Does night time driving scare you then?' she asked, in that way that only a twenty eight year old can ask a fifty five year old.  You know, a slight leaning towards pedantic with a drop of pity thrown in for good measure.

'No', I replied, 'the dark doesn't worry me.  It's mainly because of the pot holes.  They creep up on me and surprise me in the dark.'  She had nodded in agreement at this.

'And then there's all the other drivers', I said.  'I've yet to work out how to lower my headlights, and so every car driving towards me flashes their lights implying I have full beam on.  For the first couple of times, I can ignore them, but by the tenth flash, I am shouting (in the dark remember) that 'I don't have my sodding full beam on, so stop flashing your bloody lights!'  To prove this, I like to blind them with my industrial strength full beam'. 

The Pilates teacher also has a Mini, and she nodded her head furiously.  'Mine's exactly the same!' she said.

I shouldn't moan though.  At least I don't have to get the husband to walk in front of the car with a torch like my parents used to do.  Apparently it was safer for my dad to follow my torch wielding mother instead of just driving normally on the darker nights.

I bet there was drink involved on those nights.

Just saying...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...