Hot dog...

My lovely sister in law, Mrs H, on reading about my search for the illusive Warm Coat, said that I could borrow hers for the impending trip to Prague.

This is incredibly kind of her, as it's a very expensive coat, and I will be taking very good care of it (I promise!)  Because yesterday morning was so cold when I walked the dogs before work, I decided to give the coat a trial run.  It's a very thick coat, as befitting something which claims to be able to withstand temperatures of -15, and putting it on I felt like I was slipping into a double duvet.  The husband had to help zip it up, as I'd made the schoolgirl error of putting my gloves on first, and once ensconced in the coat, I headed out to the frozen tundra of my lawn.

Boy it was warm.  From neck to bottom, I was as warm as toast, but my extremities didn't fare so well.  Looking in the mirror when I got back home, my nose was glowing red a la Rudolph and my legs were a gorgeous mottled blue under my black tights.  I'll be honest with you, I was loathe to take it off, but wasn't sure how I'd manage to get into my Mini with it on.  Might have been a job for the Vaseline and shoehorn again..

We've started to get a tiny bit excited about the trip.  Everyone I speak to seems to have already visited Prague and they all have a recommendation.  Funnily enough, no one has mentioned the chocolate covered bananas which I always buy at the Christmas markets, so I shan't be happy if I don't find one.  

The husband is the same with his curried bratwurst...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...