Back on top...

Poor old Reg.

Just when he thought that the embarrassment of wearing a navy blue onesie wasn't enough, the vet went and slapped an inflatable cone of shame on him on Tuesday afternoon.  It was his own fault really, as he wouldn't stop licking his undercarriage (I am talking about Reg now before you start thinking that I have a strange if not talented vet).  I said to the husband on Tuesday night that it looked a bit like one of those ruffs that Queen Elizabeth I used to wear.  From this comment, we decided that we would call it a ruff, but in a barky kind of way.  Sorry, I'm not explaining this well, but I hope you get my drift.

After the ruff went on, Reg took himself off to the hall, where he sat facing the front door for half an hour.  Now I know that dogs don't understand that whole mickey-taking thing which we humans do, but I did wonder whether Percy was whispering some snide comments from behind his magnificent whiskers.  And to be honest, who would blame him.  

Percy veers towards 'camp as Christmas', and having had the over masculine Reg tip up, has pretty much had his life turned upside down.  Reg gets to go in the front door first. Reg is quicker than Percy is where snacks are concerned.  Reg can run like the wind, whereas Percy minces around like John Inman.  Reg is stronger than Percy, always managing to steal his toys and run off with them.

But the tables seem to have turned...

The husband and I have noticed that Percy is sidling up for strokes more often now that Reg is hampered with the ruff (he got wedged between the sofa and the footstool last night which was hilarious).  I have also noticed a little reticence at meal times as Reg waits for Percy to get his first.

Percy is slowly regaining territory as Alpha Dog again, and I would imagine that as he slowly minced past Reg in the hall last night en route to the lounge, he would have said something along these lines..

'Well Reg.  I told you this day would come, and here you are, no longer a real man like me.  I suggest you get used to the idea and start to understand that what I say goes'.

And then he would go and ruin it with...

'I mean, if I want to watch my favourite Judy Garland film, you'll just have to sit there and lump it'.

Yes, Percy.  Very manly...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...