Wrapped up...

Oh happy day.... For the first time in eleven days, I don't have to cling film myself before taking a shower.  The trouble is that every time I've wrapped my arm pre ablutions, I have been stuck with the image of Mark Addy wrapping it around his ample girth in preparation for 'The Full Monty' with a Mars Bar in one hand and a fistful of broken dreams in the other.  It's also very hard to know when to stop rolling it on.  Is twice round enough, or do I just keep going until the parts of my arm on either side turn blue?  Either way, I'd managed to keep it relatively dry over the week, so I must have done something right.

Getting to the hospital early yesterday, I got the last space in the car park.  Thinking that this was a good omen, I treated myself to a posh coffee and iced bun, and plonked myself in the waiting room assuming that there would be plenty of time to enjoy both before I was called.  

I managed forty five seconds before the call came, and I reluctantly placed my uneaten pastry and barely touched coffee on a table in the waiting room, and followed the nurse into the treatroom room.  Ten minutes later, the stitches were out, replaced with a couple of strips of something sticky which were to 'stay on for at least five days'. I was told that I could shower, (without cling film) but that I wasn't to scrub at the arm.

Revelling in the feel of a loose sleeve, I headed back to the waiting room to collect my abandoned breakfast.  Would you believe it, it was gone.  Eyeing up all the other people in the waiting room through slitted eyes, I looked for clues such as scattered crumbs on a jumper or a frothy moustache.  Nobody was giving me any eye contact, nor seemed willing to snitch on the breakfast pilferer, and I resigned myself to doing the walk of shame in the cafe for a second attempt at breakfast.

'Excuse me.  Is this yours?'  The lovely receptionist was pointing to my breakfast, languishing on the front desk.

Giving her one of my widest Cheshire Cat grins, I thanked her, and scooped it all up.

I had to eat it in the car, but hey, at least the coffee was still warm and no one had nicked the cherry.

Told you that parking space was an omen...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...