That's not my name...

All this to-ing and fro-ing between Binland and home, as I try to squeeze in a couple more hours' work each day is starting to take its toll.  At some point yesterday morning, I glanced across to Master P and told him that I needed to find a dark room for a while to just regroup (preferably with a family bar of Galaxy and a double G&T).  After much discussion, it was decided that the only place quiet enough for me to use was the metal container where we keep our spare bins...

I was desperate, but not that desperate.

It never ceases to amaze me though, how you can be so frantic at work, and then you can scoop up your dogs, drive to the nearest wood, and having walked them for a couple of hours, feel completely refreshed.  Not quite a new woman, but perhaps one who hasn't been around the block twice.

Keeping to this theme, it was back to Pilates again on Wednesday straight from work.  Having had the issue a couple of weeks ago when the rest of the class didn't have a clue who I was, I decided to take the bull by the horns on Wednesday.  We all work for the same company, but all of the other ladies are based at HQ, whereas I'm in a prefab with the drivers ('living the dream' is what they call it I believe?)  I speak to some of them quite often and on Wednesday, I said to one of the girls, 'Would you wave to me tonight at Pilates - I haven't got a clue what you look like'.

Which she did....this opened the floodgates as to who was who, and I now have some beautiful faces to put to names which is great.  However, leaving the class, I got talking to one of the girls and as we chatted, I happened to mention her plaits.   Turns out she uses her bike a lot and it's the most practical style for avoiding helmet hair.

She could have stopped there...

She could simply have waved goodbye...

But instead, she said, 'I love your hair'.

(Again, a great place to end the conversation).

'I've always wanted hair which is interesting'...

Interesting?

You should see it after a walk in the wind half an hour after washing it.

'Interesting' barely covers it...

'Terrifying' would be more applicable I feel...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...