Miss you nights...

Preparations are in full swing for a Binland extravaganza tonight.  As the husband is away at the moment (on a motorbike, up a mountain, somewhere in Europe is as much as I can tell you I'm afraid) I have put out an open invitation to my friends at work to come to mine for a spot of dinner.  Nothing very exciting, just something involving my slow cooker and a bottle of plonk, but it will be lovely to see each other outside of Binland, and talk about all the others who turned me down (just joking, they all had very good reasons for not coming).

Since last week, several of them have been asking me what's on the menu for the night.  Well ladies, in full autumnal cooking mode, I've chosen a Beef and Guinness stew, dumplings and roasties, followed by apple and rhubarb crumble.  They all seem quite happy with that, and yesterday I started prepping for the stew.  Now I have never been very good at quantities.  Having a large family, I am used to catering above and beyond what is considered normal (two joints for a roast for example) but for some reason I had really over catered on the beef front.  Having chopped this up and put in the slow cooker with obligatory onions, carrots, stout etc, I could barely get the lid on, and I have a feeling that the husband is going to be eating this well into next week on his return.  Mind you, after a week of Tapas he might be glad of a proper meal.

Talking of the husband, I've been making the most of him not being here.  In his absence I have managed to....

Watch Atonement, Love Actually, The Notebook and seven old episodes of Friends
Have toast in bed
Let the dogs sleep in with me....every night
Do the housework before work (not exciting, I know but still an achievement)
Read my book at three in the morning without fear of waking the husband (bloody menopause)
Watch TOWIE at its allotted time, rather than watching again while the husband is at work
Chat to friends for ages, without the husband raising his eyes and reversing back out of the lounge

But golly, I have missed him...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...