Magic moments...

I can't remember whether I've spoken about this before. Let's face it, at my age, faced with a key in the front door, I have to stop and think whether I'm going out or just arrived back home.  I don't think I have told you, so here goes (apologies if I am repeating myself, but if it's good enough for Only Fools and Horses, then I don't have a problem with a recap).

So, the Wobble Box...

It's all been rather quiet hasn't it?  The husband and I, having returned from our adventure in Cornwall, hung up the Wobble Box keys on the notice board and mourned the cosy evenings snuggled up with Radio 2, a pack of cards and a couple of ciders.  A week after our return, the husband approached me rather tentatively.

'Can I ask you something?'  This is a question which has been the precursor to some rather questionable topics over the years (zip wires, eyebrow grooming, shoe colour, rainbows and how a fax machine works ) so my 'of course you can' really meant, 'yes, as long as it's a sensible question, and not something about how cavemen discovered that they could whistle'. (Like I was there....)

Anyway, turned out he was missing the Wobble Box as much as me, and he came up with a fantastic suggestion.

And since that conversation, every Wednesday night, we have headed out to the Wobble Box at around 7.00.

Items taken include:

The dogs
A couple of beers
A pack of cards
Two Charlie Bigham pies

We then cook our pies in the caravan, play cards, listen to the radio and generally chat about everything and nothing, completely oblivious to mobile phones which are banned, television and chores. 

Last night, as the card playing marathon came to an end with yours truly 6-4 down, the husband asked me whether we were strange doing something like this.  I assured him that it was perfectly normal, and that I loved that tiny bit of special time together each week.

'What do you think the neighbours say?' he asked me.

Well up to now, they haven't known, because I've been very careful to keep the black out blinds down to avoid any neighbourly ribbing.

Well, you can't be too careful...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...