It's a mystery...

Despite snaffling one of my French Fancies on Monday, the Adonis-like electrician didn't make a repeat reappearance yesterday. I expect that it was the lascivious look in my left eye (the right one was focussed on the French Fancies) which scared him off, so I continue to work in the twilight zone.  

As you know, my new computer was installed on Monday, and I was quite excited coming into Binland yesterday knowing that at last, my PC would be working at least as fast as I was, rather than lagging behind and moaning about a slow RAM (whatever that is).  Imagine my horror then, when I realised that not only were there new things on there, but the things I knew how to use had been removed altogether.

Maybe, when I put my request in for a new PC I should have been more specific, asking for 'one exactly the same as the one I already have, but with a bit more oomph'.  Not asking for much is it?

So the first three hours of my day were spent learning how to use my new computer.  Copious telephone calls were made to the poor man huddled in the IT Support Office, who after call number seven was probably gesticulating wildly at the phone every time he saw my name pop up, but by midday I was ready for action once more.  

I don't know what it is about computers.  If you're anything like me, there are a thousand things my PC can do, but I am only interested in learning about six of them.  The rest of the buttons, instructions and controls are completely superfluous to me.  Perhaps someone could invent a PC for the older ones amongst us and call it a WTF ('What's This For? in case you're wondering....)

Mine would need the following:

Emails
For nagging the offspring and reminding the husband of dental appointments

Facebook
For keeping up with offspring when they fail to respond to emails
For blogging (most important)

Internet
For looking at videos of cats stuck in cereal packets

What more do we need?

Looking at some of the buttons on my lap top, I do wonder what they stand for..

ESC....who do I need to run away from?
PRT SC...your guess is good as mine, but I always think of Prosecco when I glance at it
PAUSE....PC says 'pause', I say just stop moving your fingers - same result
✹....Local weather forecast?
...National weather forecast?
FN...this one is like the red button on the Batmobile - only to be pressed in dire need.  I've worked out it's either code for 'fun' or 'finito'.  Either way, I'm not taking the risk.

An A4 pad and a book of stamps could be an attractive alternative.

But I'd miss the cats....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...