I can't stand the rain...

The weekend finale came to a juddering halt yesterday morning when I peeked through the curtains to see what the weather had on offer.  I'll be honest with you, looking out of the window wasn't really needed when you took the noise on the roof into consideration.  It sounded like the entire pigeon population were doing the conga across my roof tiles and I knew without looking that the weather was having a 'bad day'.

If you remember, I was booked in with my best friend, Mrs S, to go to London yesterday.  Plans had been changed slightly with the Tate Modern being swapped for the Victoria and Albert (more befitting of a couple of ladies in their prime we felt) but Mrs S and I were both looking forward to a day out together which didn't involve dogs, children or husbands

However, looking at the torrential rain, I bottled, and sent a particularly wimpy message to Mrs S asking for a rain check (no pun intended).  I suppose that going to London for the day is quite special, and the thought of having to wear a raincoat and a pair of wellies was not conducive to a posh lunch.  She seemed quite happy about it though, and the two of us agreed to convene in the afternoon for a long dog walk.

So what do you do when you have an unexpected day with nothing planned?  Well I treated my tea towels to a boil wash, whereas Mrs S did something far more glamorous involving some sliced lemons.  Apparently, I have a jar of them coming my way in exchange for green tomato chutney.  Don't you love a bit of bartering?

The walk yesterday afternoon was all we expected.  Three happy woofers running through muddy puddles, with torrential rain almost all the way round.  As we reached the end of the walk, I said to Mrs S how glad I'd been that I hadn't put any mascara on yesterday morning.  If I had, it would have settled around my chin by that time giving me the effect of a five o'clock shadow.  

As it was, it was my soggy jeans which were dragging at half mast as I still hadn't reinstated the belt from yesterday.

After all the wet walks yesterday, I am considering installing a mangle in the front porch.  And as for my hair?

I give up...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...