Hot and cold...

With Schnauzerfest getting closer and closer, I roped in the husband on Monday night to help me bag up sixty bags of dog biscuits,

This was the last thing he did before finally succumbing to the cold which has been skirting around him for a few days.  I call it a cold, but the way he was going on you would be hard pushed to believe that it was anything lesser than Bubonic Plague.  He sat on the sofa in his dressing gown, snivelling and spluttering and generally answering every question with a grunt (it was a bit like having teenage boys again).

What really hacks me off is that I had been very careful this week to avoid anything which might pass the germs over to me.  These have included:

No smooching
Relentless hand washing
Having the car window open at all times when he's been in the vicinity
Sleeping in the spare room (not that spare actually, as I share it with the two furballs)
Holding my breath when he was in the same room

Despite all of this, as yesterday wore on, my throat began to feel more and more as if I had a fir cone living there, and yoghurt and ice cream were on the menu all day, interrupted with the odd Strepsil.

Today looks set to be the warmest October day for a long time.  In between Binland shifts, I'm meeting some lovely ladies for a long overdue lunch and catch up.

I'll be easy to spot.  I'll be wearing an Aran sweater and will have a slight whiff of mentholyptus about me.

Lovely...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...