Windy...

With this wind which is screaming across the UK just now, I am considering sporting a pair of 1970's flares while out walking the dogs each morning.  I suggest this for two reasons.  Firstly, it would make my bonkers hair look less out of place as I would resemble a 70's hippy chick, and also, with careful trouser presentation into the wind, I may get home more quickly.

My hair and the wind and rain do not get on at all.  Over the summer, I have left my home most mornings looking presentable with neat curls and the occasional up-do.  Yesterday though.....

I'd washed my hair in the morning, but knew that I had around an hour and a half to get in dry before confronting the weather.  Well, by 8.00 it was almost dry, so scooping up the woofers, we set out for our usual pre-work perambulation.

I was alright going.

I was even alright when I got there.

But once I'd turned for home, the wind quite nicely pushed all my hair forward so I couldn't see a darn thing.  I'll be honest with you, if the dogs hadn't been on leads and therefore able to show me the way home, I may still be roaming round the field this morning.  

Looking in the mirror when I got home (two attempts needed as I couldn't see the whole of my head and hair at once) I decided that although having curls was lovely, there were things which happened to me which no straight haired girl would understand.

I have therefore resigned myself that with the coming of Autumn and its accompanying weather, you may see my hair in any state ranging from:

Sculpted curls set with extra strong mousse and unable to move without some kind of Harry Potter spell.This mousse is so strong that it could be used to stick coving if needed.
Loose curls with a little bit of frizz - this is usually scooped up into a clip to hide the ropy parts
Explosion in mattress factory - large frizzy curls (think Crystal Tips)
Old Man's Beard (depending on how long before roots are touched up)
Brillo pad (when touching up is overdue..and some)
Last resort - hair scraped back into ponytail and pinned to head with industrial strength hair clip (also known as Essex Facelift as tight pony reduces wrinkles, pulling all face slack to back of head)

Today I managed the second on the list.

And it's only September...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...