Remember, walking in the sand...

The husband made a momentous decision yesterday.

'I like it here.  Let's stay here forever'.

What he actually meant was, 'Let's bin off going to Somerset on Wednesday as the thought of dropping the awning and putting it up again is more than I can stand'.

Well, I was more than happy with this, as it would give us a chance to do all the walks on the campsite, and also to visit some favourite haunts from yesteryear.  The first on the list was a trip to Mevagissey.  Neither of us could remember what we'd done there (I would imagine that this had something to do with the sister-in-law and copious amounts of cider), but we could both remember actually being there, so that was our first stop.  By the time we'd arrived, the rain had stopped, so a lovely toddle round the town followed by tea and stickies were on the cards.

The husband then confirmed his status as a romantic Northerner, by taking me to The Lugger for a cream tea.  This is where we honeymooned, and the cream teas were something we'd never been able to forget.  Because the cream teas weren't available till 2.30, we stopped at Gorran Haven for a walk on the beach.  

Now I am not a big fan of going anywhere where I might be going up against nature, and the husband was very keen for me to go into a large cave.  He was most persuasive (telling me he had a sneaky finger of fudge in his pocket if I was brave enough) and I eventually plucked up the courage to go in.  It was so beautiful, and yet again, my snaps don't do it justice.

        

The Lugger hadn't changed a bit, other than the size of the scones decreasing by 50%, so instead of sharing a cream tea, we had one each.  

That's another one ticked off the Cornwall Bingo Card....

I can't promise that there will be any ramblings tomorrow.  The husband has walked me so far today that anything more strenuous than lifting a heavy cup of tea is looking unlikely...

         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...