My hero...

Oh that awful first day back at work after a week away.  

I slunk into Binland like a recalcitrant teenager, dragging the toes of my shoes through the gravel and into the office.  Master P looked very relieved to see me, as he has been manning the office for the last week single handed.  Master J and I had sent our holiday requests in without discussing dates, and our poor boss, Mr W, gave up deciding which of us was to have the week off.  The chap with a wedding and honeymoon booked, or the middle aged bird who is liable to menopausal tantrums, who fancied a week on the south coast in a caravan with her husband and two neurotic schnauzers.

I'd taken Master P a box of Hero's, as I felt that he'd earned them running the shop as it were.  'You're a hero in my eyes', I'd said as I handed them over.  'I must have thought about you at least twice while I was away, wondering how busy you might be'.

Mr W was in today also, and between us, we managed to polish off the whole box (except for the Wispas....no one likes them) so this buoyed us all up on a rather busy Monday.

Finally managing to extricate myself from my overloaded Inbox, I scooped up the woofers, and trolleyed down to the Mother's to take them for a walk with her very glamorous spaniel.  

Now my two have never shown any leanings to the fairer sex, and this can be a good thing when in mixed company (unless you're a Red Setter called Humphrey in which case, your days are numbered).  However, the week away mingling with dogs a-plenty seems to have given Reg a few life lessons in canine amour (I'm blaming a particularly voracious Westie called Ethel who took Reg behind some sand dunes for ten minutes in Gorran Haven) and he wouldn't leave the Mother's dog alone.

The other problem is that Isa is not that picky (talking about the spaniel here, and not the Mother who has exacting standards in all things) and the Mother and I spent the hour's walk detangling schnauzer and spaniel limbs and generally encouraging walking without sticking a wet nose up the other's derriere.

We finally managed it once we got back to the Mother's.  She brought out tea and a plate of chocolate biscuits, and all three dogs immediately sat down, with their best chests-out chins-up posture and pleading eyes.

A fat lot of good it did them though.

We bloody well ate the lot...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...