Crocodile rock...

Campsite number four turns out to be the quietest one so far.  As far as I can tell, I have just one thing to thank this for..

THE END OF THE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS.....

The trouble is that the whole adults only thing brings other issues to deal with, as without kids to chase after, apart from looking out of the window, there ain't much else to do.  We'd only been here for a couple of hours before I sussed the following:

1. It's very quiet.  The husband had to refrain from shouting for his lump hammer and a Guinness (not in that order I'm afraid, which might explain point two)

2. Yet again, we failed to erect the awning in the twelve minutes it states on the box.  With this second attempt, we managed to reduce our erection time from ninety seven minutes to forty two, which is a definite improvement.  Going back to point one, this gave all the other campers some great entertainment, and we watched the lights dim in all the camper vans, caravans and motorhomes, as their occupants settled down for some secret noseying.  I could almost the couple opposite say something along the lines of, 'Switch that light off Mavis - I don't want them to see us staring', and , 'Oh Lord, what's he doing with that?  He's got it upside down'.

One brave soul came up to us mid pump (damn awning is inflatable and the noise the pump emits makes me giggle every time), and I thought he was going to offer some help.  But he carried on walking and with a knowing nod at the awning, he said to the husband, 'Divorce in a bag that is'.  It made me wonder whether Vango were cited in his divorce as the cause for the marriage breakdown.  Anyway, onto point three.

3. Now, I can cope with Crocs as long as they don't cross my threshold at home.  I am ok with kids wearing them, and even medical staff with their white ones are acceptable.  What isn't ok is an old boy with legs which couldn't stop a pig in a passage, sporting a pair of baggy shorts (think Lofty from It Ain't Half Hot Mum') swearing Crocs WITH SOCKS.  Long beige ones at that, leaving a one inch strip of blue tinged flesh 'twixt shorts and socks.

I saw the way the husband looked at him - perhaps a wardrobe change is on the cards for him.

Rapidly followed by divorce, with a daft shoe cited as the third party...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...