Them bones...

Blimey, this week has been a slow one.  

The husband reckons it's because I have started a countdown ('seven more sleeps', 'six more days at work', 'one more Monday') for when we are next away in the Wobble Box.  Such is the level of excitement that I have taken to gripping myself firmly on the shoulders (figuratively speaking of course) and saying 'Calm down woman.  It will come round soon enough'.

So I have been keeping myself busy after work each afternoon, trying to Keep Calm and Carry On as they say in all good card shops.

Yesterday afternoon found me semi-clad on a bed being slathered in warm oils by some strange bloke who insisted on keeping his tie on, whilst listening to some Classic FM.  

Don't you just love the osteopath...  

Having spent a brutal afternoon digging up beetroots on Wednesday, my neck, never the happiest of body parts after a car accident many years ago, finally decided that it'd had enough.  Both shoulders were hurling abuse at each other, and my mouth and chin were running the risk of sinking into my rib cage, making me look like a rather odd version of 'Kilroy woz 'ere'.

Yesterday morning was spent mainly looking straight forward, and if I did have to turn to speak to someone in my peripheral vision, then it was a full body turn with the head kept completely straight. I looked like a Thunderbird puppet for most of the morning and was waiting for Master M, the Depot comedian at Binland, to notice and start saying 'Yus, M'lady', after every request I made for a bin weight or waste collection day. (I have just managed to make my job sound as interesting as watching the proverbial paint dry, but trust me, the world of waste is as cut and thrust as any other which involves rubbish and a plastic receptacle).

So I'm now fine, and ready for the weekend.

This is kicking off with a Charlie Friday Night Caravan Party with the neighbours.  If the last one is anything to go by, I am anticipating a lost weekend.

Perhaps I should sign out till Sunday now, or is that slightly pathetic?

If I'm there, I'm there...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...