Power to the people...

Talk about coming down to earth with a bump on Monday morning.  I normally work at Binland in the morning, but had 'volunteered' to work the afternoon instead.  This was because my boss Mr W (I have tights older than him) wanted to hold the monthly sales meeting in the afternoon rather than the usual morning.  He likes having me there, because I take the minutes.  There are three other people in the meeting who could take the minutes, but in the last three years, none of them has ever volunteered (they are all male...need I say more?) so it's down to yours truly to produce something each time.

Which left me with a free morning yesterday.  I was quite proud of myself in the first three hours as I managed to walk the woofers, do a weekly shop, do the washing and generally get myself sorted.

And then the bottom fell out of my world...

My laptop died.  This is the laptop which I use for absolutely everything from blog-writing to checking the weather and without it, I would have to run the gauntlet of using the husband's desktop computer when he was out at work. 

Having tried everything I could to get it working (switching it on and off, verbal abuse, threats) I finally gave up, and headed into Binland with a right cob on (as the husband would say).  As I trawled through the bins of the Home Counties (not literally, you understand) I mentally waved farewell to several hundred of my hard earned pounds to the till at PC world, and it was with a heavy heart that I returned home at the end of the day.

'You've got one more chance', I said to the dead laptop.

Nothing.

Getting under my desk, I went to pull the plug out with a view to take the whole thing up to PC World to see whether they could give it the kiss of life.

Aah...

Turns out that the plug wasn't plugged into anything other than the carpet.  Obviously when we'd got back on Sunday, I had only done a partial reinstallation of the laptop, so I gave myself a virtual slap.

But at least I'm a few hundred pounds better off that I thought I would be as at 11.30 yesterday morning...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...