Dress you up...

I had a very pleasant hour's video chat with son number two yesterday.  You may not recall what he's up to (I'll be honest with you, he's been away from home so long, I almost rejected the video call request having not recognised him straight away) so let me fill you in.

Having finished his first year in Leeds up to his neck in hefty tomes (such is the life of the Law student), he decided to stay up north rather than come back to the home comforts he has here.  These involve:

Constant nagging as to tidying of room
Constant moaning as I fill his car and the fridge up with alarming regularity
Constant questioning as to 'when he's going back'
Constant requesting for walking of dogs

When I consider all of the above, I can understand his reticence to head down south, but still...

But he's making good use of his time up there, having got a holiday job in a well known gentlemen's outfitter.  Northern chaps are now taking on the appearance of dandies and poppinjays as son number two tempts them away from their cords and flat caps, dressing them in double breasted suits, tailored trousers, frills and furbelows.  I reckon that there will be plenty of them being turfed out of the working men's clubs for dressing like a girl or wearing loud clothes in a built up area.

He's doing extremely well though, and has obviously got over an initial fear which was the topic of conversation for at least three days before he started.  I'd given him various bits of advice, one of which involved taking on the persona of Mr Humphries from Are You Being Served? ('I'm free...') but whichever way you say it, it still sounds slightly sinister...

'Which side does Sir dress?'

Not a question I've ever needed to ask as far as I recall, but if I ever do, it will definitely be done a la Humphries...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...