Borders...

Charlie The Wobble Box returned to the homestead yesterday afternoon after a week in A&E. Nothing to do with any sort of pain the husband and I might have inflicted on him over last weekend, but a little TLC was needed. 

As the husband pulled into the drive, the two dogs went completely bonkers thinking that another weekend of new sniffs was on the horizon.  Goodness knows how they are going to react when the husband and I go away on the next two planned trips without them.  I have a feeling that pre-departure checking of all overhead cupboards might be needed to ensure no schnauzer stowaways.

I'll be honest with you, I was almost as glad as the dogs were to see it back home, and once his legs were dropped and levelled, I traipsed back in and out with all the stuff we'd removed at the end of the weekend to get Charlie looking like 'home' again.

I think I'd spend a lot of time out there if my blooming prehistoric wi-fi reached further than the front door, but you can't have everything.  Perhaps it's not a bad idea having somewhere to go which is technically challenged?

Changing the subject somewhat, Mrs S (best friend one not Binland one) came over on Thursday night to walk her dog with my two.  A couple of hours later, she was just planning on leaving when the husband turned up with three portions of fish and chips (or an Atlantic Supper as my grandad used to call it).  'How did you know I'd still be here?' asked Mrs S, lavishly pouring brown sauce on her fish.  The husband replied with something along the lines of 'once she tipped up, it was unlikely she'd be gone within three hours', but back to the brown sauce....This is terrible on every level, but like the husband, she heralds from the North, so has no idea of right or wrong where condiments are concerned.  (She will kill me for this).

Conversation had turned to my garden with Mrs S kindly offering to help 'put my garden to bed' in a few weeks time.  I have no idea what this means, as my garden is planned with just one rule.

'If you last the winter, you can stay'.

Well apparently, there's going to be some serious pruning going on, and then she hit me with a blinder.  'Have you done a map of your border?'

The husband and I just stared at her with wide-eyed bewilderment.

Well it turns out that having one of these will be an immense help after winter is over.

The things you learn over a bit of battered pollock....

Even if it is covered in brown sauce...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...